Tuesday, March 28, 2017

An Invitation


I am more than the sum of my parts...
and you, you boy, are not aiming at my heart.

Your question through Bumble is not "cheeky" or kind.
I'm surprised that you didn't think that I would mind.

Yes, I know my smile is white and straight,
but that's not an open invitation for us to mate.

My eyes are sparkling in the photo, it's true,
but they aren't (in this case) sparkling for you!

You see, you don't know me, don't presume that you do!
'cause when you do, it makes me really, really not want to get to know you.

Just because this app reduces us to a swipe left or right,
it doesn't me that I'm going to sleep with you tonight...

We've both been flattened into 0's and 1's,
and this modern dating, it just really (really!) isn't any fun...

But I am interested to see how your mind works,
and discover if we can coexist without turning into jerks.

I want to step away from this flattened binary code,
and with you by my side, hit the open road.




No comments:

Post a Comment