Sunday, March 12, 2017

23 Emotions: Jouska



Jangling 'round my head, 
a jouska, following the usual thread.

'round and around in circles I go.
A one-sided conversation, I know, I know!

It can't be helped, this dialogue of one.
I wish, at least, that it were fun.

The control is all mine, in this mono-dialogue.
Ha! ...and of course it has ended up on my blog.

I've reduced you, first, to words in my head.
Oh, I wish that it were somewhere else, instead.

Reduction continues, it plays along.
You've become a binary code, it seems just plain wrong.

Once you were a man, flesh, blood and bone,
but now you're nothing (just bits of code).

and I am alone.
Alone.
one






jouska n. a hypothetical conversation that you compulsively play out in your head--a crisp analysis, a cathartic dialogue, a devastating comeback--which serves as a kind of psychological batting cage where you can connect more deeply with people than in the small ball of everyday life, which is a frustratingly cautious game of change-up pitches, sacrifice bunts, and intentional walks.


No comments:

Post a Comment